Basic Meat Cookery Program for CTS Classrooms
Alberta Beef’s All for the Beef program resources support Career and Technology Studies Fod2100 Basic Meat Cookery and includes approaches, strategies, tools, assessment and student learning support for both independent and classroom lab-based learning contexts.
Consistent with the approach and structure of CTS courses, this resource facilitates multiple pathways and encourages students to explore and learn based on their interests, prior knowledge and experiences. Icons make navigation through this resource easy by identifying support for scaffolding, extending, and assessing learning as well as website and video links. Icons also identify:
- Marketplace information on beef cuts
- Prep skills for food ingredient and nutrition knowledge
- Culinary practice tips, strategies and video links for cooking and tenderizing beef
- Recipes that range from simple sloppy joes to beef satays, roasts, stroganoff and stir fries
- Chef skills for food safety
All for the Beef program components provide interactive checkboxes and fillable fields for tracking and customizing learning.
Did you know that...
Canada’s beef industry exported $2.75 billion of beef in 2018?